Shrimps are not cheap, so throwing away a meal that contains shrimp would be a big waste of money. Shrimp fried rice is a meal that can easily be reheated using multiple methods.
The fastest method only takes up two to three minutes of your time, so if the wait is worth eating another portion of your shrimp fried rice, you can choose to reheat the meal.
Reheat shrimp fried rice in the microwave
The easiest way to reheat your shrimp fried rice is by using the microwave. This is a quick and easy process that only takes a few minutes, and makes your meal taste great again to eat it a second time.
Follow these steps to reheat your shrimp fried rice in the microwave:
- Put your shrimp fried rice into a bowl or container that’s microwave-proof.
- Turn the microwave on a medium heat and put the bowl inside.
- Wait for a little over two minutes.
- Take out your reheated meal and enjoy it.
Pros of using the microwave
Your meal is ready within less than a couple of minutes. This is why the microwave is preferred to reheat any meal with fried rice.
Cons of using the microwave
There are no downsides to reheating your shrimp fried rice in the microwave.
Use a saucepan to reheat your shrimp fried rice
Another quick and easy way of reheating is using the saucepan. This creates a minimal amount of dishes and also makes your shrimp fried rice taste great again.
Steps to reheat your shrimp fried rice in the saucepan:
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat, add a bit of oil or butter (optional), and add your shrimp fried rice into the pan.
- You can add some extra ingredients if you like, such as vegetables or shredded cheese.
- Keep stirring the food for about 7 minutes.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat, and enjoy your meal.
Pros of using a saucepan
A saucepan is a great option to reheat shrimp fried rice. This is because it does not create a lot of dishes, and only takes less than 10 minutes.
Cons of using a saucepan
It takes longer than the microwave method, but at least it tastes a lot better as well.
Throw your shrimp fried rice in the oven
We don’t recommend reheating this meal using the oven, as it might take up a lot of your time compared to most of the other methods. If you have the patience, you can still try it out.
Reheating your shrimp fried rice in the oven like so:
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put your shrimp fried rice in a container that’s safe for in the oven.
- Add a little butter on top (optional) and wrap the container with foil.
- Place your container on the rack and let it heat for about 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes, check if the meal is heated all the way through.
- If yes, enjoy your meal. If not, stir it a little and place it back in the oven for a few more minutes before re-doing this step.
Pros of using the oven
The oven will make sure that your shrimp fried rice is heated all the way through if you wait long enough and mix it a bit in the middle of the reheating process.
Cons of using the oven
If you are very hungry, the long wait when your meal is inside the oven can be a big downside to this method.
Take out your air fryer to reheat shrimp fried rice
Last but not least, the air fryer is also an option if you’re looking to reheat your shrimp fried rice.
You can do so by following these steps:
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your shrimp fried rice into the basket.
- Let it heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check if you can take it out. If your rice is not completely warm yet, let it heat for a few more minutes before taking it out.
Pros of using the air fryer
The air fryer is a hands-off method that will reheat your shrimp fried rice correctly while you can do other things in the meantime.
Cons of using the air fryer
Air frying your rice meal for too long can cause your rice to burn, which will result in throwing away your leftovers anyway.