Portions at KFC can be overwhelming, especially if you order a bucket. Most people who do not have a huge stomach will not be able to eat 15 to 20 pieces of chicken, which means that they will have a lot of leftovers.
Luckily, chicken from KFC can be easily reheated while keeping its crispiness and taste at a very high level.
Reheating KFC chicken in an oven
Using the over to reheat your leftover chicken from KFC is by far the best option. This will guarantee that the food stays crispy and the taste will still be phenomenal.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your KFC chicken on a rack and put it inside the oven.
- Wait for about 12 minutes, or 15 minutes if you want to be on the safer side.
- When you take it out of the oven, it shouldn’t taste dry and should still be very crispy.
Using an air fryer to reheat your chicken from KFC
Another common way of reheating the chicken from KFC is by using an air fryer. It’s originally fried, so why not do it again – but then without oil? Simply follow the steps below to guarantee maximum crispiness and taste.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your KFC chicken inside the air fryer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Take your chicken out of the air fryer.
- If your pieces are dense, place your KFC chicken inside the microwave for another 30 to 60 seconds, based on the thickness of your pieces. This will bring the dense white meat back to the right temperature.
We hope you have still saved some of your sauces from when you were eating the chicken at KFC, because this is going to be good.