A corn dog is a popular deep-fried snack, which contains a sausage on a stick with a layer of cornmeal batter around it. They’re often made at home as the recipe is very simple.
If you’ve made too many of them, you shouldn’t be eating them cold the next time. You can simply reheat your corn dogs using one of the methods below, and they’ll taste just as if they’ve just been deep-fried.
Use the microwave to reheat a corn dog
If you don’t have a lot of time and also don’t care about a crispy result, then using the microwave might be your best reheating option.
You can reheat corn dogs in the microwave like so:
- Place your leftover corn dogs on a plate.
- Heat them on a high setting for about 30 seconds.
- Check if they’re heated all the way through. If not, let them heat for another 5 seconds before checking again.
Pros of using the microwave
When you use a microwave to reheat corn dogs, they are ready to eat in less than a minute. Great if you’re in a bit of time trouble.
Cons of using the microwave
The microwave might not produce a crispy result, which is why many corn dog lovers opt for the oven.
Reheating your corn dogs using an oven
The best way to reheat your corn dogs is by using the oven. This creates a crispy result that many corn dog lovers enjoy.
You can reheat your corn dogs in the oven like so:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab a sheet of baking paper and spread the corn dogs evenly.
- Lay the sheet on the rack and place it in the oven once preheated.
- Wait for about 8 minutes and check if they’re heated all the way through. If not, place them back for another minute and check again
Pros of using the oven
The oven can produce a crispy result when reheating your corn dogs. The result is definitely worth the wait compared to the result that comes out of the microwave.
Cons of using the oven
Only the preheating part of the oven already takes up more time than the whole reheating process when using the microwave. This is a reason that people often skip waiting so long, but they’ll often regret it when they see the soggy result.
Reheating corn dogs in the air fryer
If you don’t have an oven or microwave, it’s also possible to reheat using an air fryer. This produces a very crispy and tasty result, just as the oven does.
Reheat your corn dogs in the air fryer like so:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once preheated, place your corn dogs in the basket and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Check if they’re warm all the way through, and enjoy your reheated corn dogs.
Pros of using the air fryer
The air fryer produces tasty reheated corn dogs and does not take long at all.
Cons of using the air fryer
Reheating your corn dogs for too long in the air fryer could dry them out, so make sure you take them out of the basket on time.