The problem that often occurs with pizza’s is also the case for calzones. Calzones are always a huge meal, and it often happens that leftovers will be kept for later use. Throwing away the leftovers is a big waste, of course. Luckily, there are two easy options that you can use to reheat your calzone and still experience the taste and crispiness like if it’s still freshly made.
Using an oven to reheat your calzone
The easiest way to make your calzone warm and crispy again is by using an oven. This simple process takes up about 25 minutes of your time, but the quality of reheated food that will come out is definitely worth the wait.
- Preheat your oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab a tray that’s suited for the oven and place your calzone in the middle.
- Extra: for extra crispiness, spread a bit of olive oil on your calzone.
- Place the calzone in the oven, and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and check if the middle of it is warmed up properly. If not, place it back for another couple of minutes.
- If it’s warm enough, let it cool off a bit to prevent burning your mouth. (It also tastes a lot better if it’s not extremely hot!)
Reheating a calzone using an air fryer
Another way to reheat your calzone is using an air fryer, as this can easily warm it up while keeping the crispiness, just like an oven would do. It’s also a lot faster, meaning you don’t have to wait about 30 minutes before you can eat.
- Just like the oven, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your calzone inside the air fryer and let it run for about three to four minutes.
- After this period, take your calzone out and check if the middle of it is warm enough.
- If not, place your calzone back for one more minute and keep checking the warmth.
Both of these methods will allow the crispiness to stay, bon appetit!