Cooking too much sauce is never really a problem, as they can often easily be reheated. This is also the case for a delicious Béarnaise Sauce. You can easily re-use the sauce again on any delicious meat after reheating it using one of the following methods.
Reheat your Béarnaise Sauce in the microwave
The easiest method of reheating your Béarnaise Sauce is by using the microwave. There is no reason to use another method, as this is fast, does not create unnecessary dirty dishes and tastes the same as the methods that take longer.
Perform these steps to reheat your Béarnaise Sauce in the microwave:
- Pour your Béarnaise Sauce in a cup or container that’s microwave-proof.
- Place the cup inside the microwave and put it on a low option.
- Microwave the sauce for about 15 seconds.
- Let it sit for about 20 seconds (optionally stir it a little) and let it reheat for another 15 seconds.
- Depending on the volume of your sauce, you should be good to go.
Pros of using the microwave
It barely takes any time, and produces the same reheated result as using the methods below, which all take up more time.
Cons of using the microwave
There are no downsides to reheating your Béarnaise Sauce using the microwave.
Use a saucepan to reheat your Béarnaise Sauce
Another method of reheating Béarnaise Sauce is by using a saucepan. This is a bit more intensive than by using the microwave, but produces the same tasty result. It’s a great option for people who do not have a microwave or microwave-proof containers/cups.
Reheat your Béarnaise Sauce in a saucepan like so:
- Pour your leftover Béarnaise Sauce in a saucepan.
- Place your saucepan on a stove on the lowest heat.
- Whisk constantly and check the temperature of the sauce every few seconds, so you don’t overcook it.
Pros of using the saucepan
Reheating your Béarnaise Sauce in a saucepan guarantees a tasty result that only takes less than a minute to prepare.
Cons of using the saucepan
If you look away at the wrong time, your sauce could overcook. It also creates unnecessary dishes if you also have a microwave available to you.